Wednesday, July 1, 2020

What now?

Our country is in turmoil, in flux.  No need to rehash the plague of disease and racism and protesting.  There are too many places where this is done in greater detail out there; no need for me to add to that.

I don't know what I can do. But the world is ripe for change, and there will be a conflict before that change is birthed into the world. What that change is, I cannot quite imagine at this intersection. I feel like Gandalf and Pippin in Minas Tirith awaiting the coming Battle of the Pelennor Fields:




It's so quiet.

It's the deep breath before the plunge.






America as it once was will not exist any longer.  Will she survive?  Will Love finally rule the day or be driven further underground for us to unearth again during a worse crisis?  I said half jokingly in the summer of 2016 that while I think Hillary Clinton would make a poor president, Donald Trump would be our last president.  I did not really believe it at the time.  Deep seated trust in bureaucracy and our system made tn a joke, a one-liner I threw out to make me seem clever.  Never did I imagine how bad this would get. And that is my guilt in not speaking up louder and faster; I honesty could not believe what I was witnessing.

I was asleep.  For better or worse I am awake now. And I am clergy.

Divine Spirit, I am asking.  What would you have me do?

I am ready.

Daily Mass Readings
Amos 7:10-17
Psalm 19:8, 9, 10, 11
Matthew 9:1-8





No comments:

Post a Comment