Monday, March 23, 2020

Thinking of the new normal...

Feeling a bit isolated out of necessity due to the "shelter in place" orders from various levels of government.  Working from home has been a challenge for me, but looking at the bigger picture:

I HAVE my job at the moment.  My wife works for the state, so her job is secure.  Hair salons/barber shops, event planning, tattoo parlors, dine-in restaurants etc. ad nauseum,  are effectively shut down indefinitely.  Friends who work in the airlines are worried for their jobs as well.  I am filled with an almost guilty gratitude that my family is financially OK right now.  That could change, but it is our reality; we actually are OK. 

May those of us who are able be the presence of the Holy Spirit to those who struggle.

Daily Mass Readings

No comments:

Post a Comment