Monday, August 17, 2020

To my progressive/left-of-center friends...

    Have you ever experienced "vote-shaming" for even CONSIDERING a 3rd party vote?

I've been told ANY vote that's not Biden-Harris is the same as pulling the lever for trump-pence. I've been told that my "privilege is showing" for considering voting for the Greens (my OWN party), even though the VP nominee for the Greens is a Black woman and union rep (Understand that I don't deny my white male privilege; I just don't believe voting for a progressive/left ticket demonstrates it).

Here's my thing... the 2 party system has brought us Donald Trump and Joe Biden for president in 2020. These are the absolute BEST electable candidates this country can come up with. I beg your pardon if this swill makes me cynical about the spot in which this county finds itself. Forgive me for not getting excited about a man who is only slightly LESS addled than the brute currently camped out in the oval office
I've not made a decision which liberal/nominally liberal candidate will ultimately get my vote. Meanwhile, excuse the f**k out of me for actually thinking about it first.
Rant over. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.


1 comment: