Monday, September 28, 2020

A bit nervous but that's not a bad thing...

 A friend of mine from seminary is going to list me as an affiliate on her ministry website this week My old fears and lack of self confidence welled in me when she asked for my bio information. 

"Who the hell are YOU to present yourself as a minster of ANYTHING? Keep your head down, and let everything pass you by. Your prime and your best years lay behind you."

But that's not true. I was ordained for a purpose. And NO, I am totally NOT qualified to minister, but I got called to do so anyway. People I admire are motivating me and urging me on. I have a wedding I have bene asked to officiate and and talking to another couple about performing a collaring. They say in AA that you can find a life "beyond your wildest dreams". Not since I was a child did I ever consider the possibility of presiding at a wedding.  You'd think these thoughts would have come up during seminary and ordination. They honestly did not. I really could not imagine anyone ever actually seeking me out to be of service. The reality of being ordained has just hit me like a ton of bricks today.

In an extraordinarily good way.

Daily Mass Readings
Job 1:6-22
Psalm 17:1BCD, 2-3, 6-7
Luke 9:46-50


No comments:

Post a Comment