Saturday, September 19, 2020

Political news

 The doom and gloom, the drama. One son seems to be planning for civil war, the other is so upset by the idea that we don't talk much about current events around him.  Not that I rerally can blame him; I have been tempted to stick my fingers in my ears and start yelling LALALALALALALA!!! myself these past few days.

The death of RBG and the immediate call by the Republicans to fill her vacancy, the administration's plans to put forward "patriotic education" and discontinue funding for those schools that refuse to adopt it, hitting the 200,000th American Covid-19 death, and so on, ad nauseam. There is a lot to be upset about in this country.

What can I do?

Stay sober. Be the prayer. Remain spiritually and emotionally fit for myself so it is possible for me to be there for others. Do I have answers? To most of the troubling issues that assault us every day, no I most certainly do not. I can offer help. Understanding. And maybe most importantly, convey HOPE. It feels overwhelming to me.  But God led me down this path over all these decades for a reason. 

Daily Mass Readings
Isaiah 55:6-9
Psalm 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Philippians 1:20-24, 27
Matthew 20:1-16

No comments:

Post a Comment